Sunday, November 05, 2006

Good Bye and Good Riddance

I wrote this a while back- when it first came out in the news that Saddam was writing poetry in his jail cell, and I shared it with a few people, then forgot about it. News today of Saddam being sentenced to death brought it bubbling to the murky surface of my conscience once again:

Found in a jail cell, somewhere in Iraq:

I think that I shall never see
A despotic ruler quite like me
On oil and blood I was drunk
But now I'm sitting on this bunk

O sons of Babylon I confess
Mesopotamia's now a mess
I had the Westerners by the balls
Never happy, I wanted it all

They really liked me 'way back when
"A regional balance to Iran"'
Til Kissinger began to muse
"It's too bad they both can't lose"

To refuse help, would take a fool
How else was I going to rule?
Those pesky Kurds, they had to go
Swamp Arabs, Shi'ites, gas them, no?

In Allah now I must believe
Bush says this world I soon must leave
Truth has won, justice is served
I guess I'll get what I deserve

I dream sometimes of Hell, so hot
And always after is the thought..
Truth is some lessons I have learned
"Don't f**k with America, you'll get burned"

copyright-2006 by The Boyd Drive Follies

3 Comments:

Blogger Eric J. Burton said...

I think the hanging should be on You-tube. I would love to see that idiot get hung. I can't believe the one guy got off scott free and they released him immediately.

11/5/06, 8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11/10/06, 10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And now our whole country is getting burned, hundreds of thousands killed, billions wasted, terrorism on the rise, so we could exact revenge on a brutal dictator?

We should be ashamed.

11/28/06, 9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home