Monday, October 02, 2006

GEEZERVILLE HERE I COME


As my latest birthday fades in the rearview mirror, I reflect on the absurd little conversations that happen when working with a younger generation.
One day, I recited along perfectly with the opening lines of the Guns N Roses song, "Civil War"- the part spoken by the Warden from the movie "Cool Hand Luke". One of the young guys was amazed to find those lines were from a movie. And who was Paul Newman? We never got to the fifty eggs part.
Then I mentioned one day a tribute song by the Drive By Truckers- "Steve McQueen" So we had to have a history lesson about him. And the chase scene from "Bullit" And how hot Faye Dunaway and Ali McGraw were. Back in the day.
Oh well. I never understood much of what passed for the pop culture of my parents' generation, either, I guess. Although, I have always liked the Andrews Sisters and Red Foley's music....
*Sigh* Where's my Mason jar? I need a drink.

1 Comments:

Blogger A. Rae said...

That Mustang had six hubcaps, know what I mean? And I love the way they all flew off and landed in that ravine!

10/3/06, 1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home