Wednesday, November 01, 2006

It's beginning to look a lot like.....blleecchh.

Is there anything that can drag the Good Ol' Boy's normally sunny, cheerful countenance down like a snowfall? Not much, let me tell ya. As winter wraps its icy fingers around my heart and squeezes the joy out like so much lemon juice, darkness wraps itself around me like a wet carpet. Seasonal Affective Disorder is real, I'm here to say.
Driving around ice-slickened streets in four wheel drive the last two days, seeing a slushy icy cityscape is just a total bummer. This is not the beautiful white blanket of Christmas-card scenes, oh no. This stuff made our beautiful Boyd Drive look like winter had been here and was leaving already. Oh if that were only true, huh?

Speaking of weather, I found another GF blog- someone calling herself the Weather Gal has a blog, called "Tales From the Sunflake City" you should all visit and say hello to. I have linked to her blog at the right. No way to tell if she is regaling in this weather or not- ask her when you go to her blog. And remember, mind your manners! The weather is not her fault.

Also newly linked is the Lone Prairie Blog, from a Julie R. Neidlinger. She is blogging from the prairie setting of Hampden, ND, and is always entertaining. I will refrain from comparisons of Hampden to my native Pembina county. To the outsider the two settings would differ little, but Hampden is, you see, "Up on the hill" and that makes a difference, weatherwise, cropswise, and I'm convinced, peoplewise. Not better or worse, just different. So say hello to her, too.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go find my sun lamp....

2 Comments:

Blogger Eric J. Burton said...

This is depressing, its way to early to have snow and I am hoping that the snow will go away for a while and come back later in december.

11/1/06, 6:34 PM  
Blogger WeatherGal said...

Thanks for the promo! I'm sure I'll be getting more traffic now :D

11/1/06, 7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home