Thursday, November 02, 2006

Too Much or Too Little?

As election nears, the political ads are becoming near-unbearable. I only half-listen, preferring to get my information other places- a trait that separates me from most of the electorate, it seems. But I have noticed two ads that I feel I have to comment on.
The first is an ad criticizing Rep. Tom Brusegaard for the sin of not attending 19 of 22 interim legislative committee meetings. Rep. Brusegaard defends this by saying that the meetings accomplish little other than costing money, a sentiment I would tend to agree with, having sat through more than a couple meetings in my life.
The other ad is, again, a Democratic (not that there's anything WRONG with that) challenger who is saying that Rep. Ken Svedjan has spent TOO much money on legislative junkets, fact- finding missions, and so on. Rep Svedjan in turn defends his actions by saying they have benefited those he represents by the increase in networking and contacts he has made, nation-wide.
I may have my doubts about that, but let's set that aside for now, to ask this question of the Nord Akota Democratic party: Which way do you want it? Too much travel and participation, or not enough? Do you guys talk among yourselves when cooking up those ads?
Discuss among yourselves.
Any similar dissonance noted in the Republican ads? Tell us here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home