Saturday, September 02, 2006

I LOVE CEMENT TRUCKS

I was watching the cement trucks the other day backing up and unloading into one of those cement pumper trucks at a building site. Watching them, I thought to myself, "What a sign of progress and commerce". Now the sun didn't break through clouds and shine on me , and no heavenly choirs were singing as I pondered, but it was a good thought regardless, as thoughts go.

Everywhere you look around town, cement trucks are haulin' ass somewhere with a load of soon-to-be smooth fresh concrete for my feet to walk on. I saw one of those big Advance mixers lift the inside front tire going around a corner,even. Building going on everywhere. I wonder if a city's economic progress could be charted by cubic yards of concrete poured in any given year? Maybe Tu Uyen would know where to look for something like that.

Anyway- Strata, Porta-Mix, Concrete Inc- keep up the good work!

1 Comments:

Blogger A. Rae said...

Mike does not heart Strata. I think it's because when his old man was in business up there in Stephen, Strata was the big bad corporation. But anyway...

-Lucy

9/2/06, 11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home