Monday, May 22, 2006

Boys and their Hogs

A thought while drivng in traffic: Why do middle-age guys on full-dress Hogs run straight pipes? I mean, what's your point? You're not driving a drag bike, carrying around that extra 400 pounds of fairings and bags, are you? Why not stick to a mellow set of duals, and enjoy the ride? It reminds me of what my wife said about the way a gal was dressed one time- "I don't know what look she was going for, but she missed it"

If you're running a stripped-down machine, OK. I can see that, even though its kind of obnoxious to folks in your residential area. I ran straight pipes on my old bob-job Flattie for years, but I lived out in the country and didn't cruise around town much. No one would ride on the right side of me, they didn't care for the noise and the flames all the time. The bike was so old, that was all I could find/ afford.

My current bike, a 73 Shovel, has a nice set of pipes with mufflers- a little louder than original, maybe, but not totally obnoxious. I don't like drawing attention to myself in that way anymore.

Maybe I'm gettting old?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The person that invents a motorcycle with pipes that can't be removed/changed will be a millionaire.

and have my utmost respect :-)

5/22/06, 8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home